Now we have an urgent prayer request for you.
This year Perugia celebrates 25 years of its sister city relationship with Grand Rapids, MI (where are sending church is located and where we went to college).
They asked us to invite a choral group from Grand Rapids as we had done in the past and they organized two concerts for them: one in Perugia and one in Todi.
We realized that this would be a great opportunity to also have them sing in Foligno, where we feel God would have us invest in a future church plant.
We were able to rent the most beautiful and large concert hall in Foligno for next Thursday, October 18th at 9 PM (3 pm EST) for a concert of classical music and artists that I work with and also vocalists from Grand Rapids, MI. If we fill the hall we will have 540 people in attendance!
– We have decided to use this event as a way to get our name out with unbelievers in the city and announce that on the Sundays of October 28th, November 18th and December 16th we will have three meetings in a beautiful medieval hall just outside the town. We could fit up to 50 people in this hall.
After these initial meetings on the theme of the reformation we hope to have some contacts to start a Bible study in the new year.
We have a core of people from our church and especially a young couple who we have previously mentioned who are busy with the legwork.
- – Pray for the concert hall to be full.
- – Pray that the right people will attend.
- – Pray for the concert to go well.
- – Pray for the presentation of the project during intermission.
- – Pray for our monthly meetings to be full, and to have the right content for those meetings.
- – Pray that we will be able to start Bible studies next year.
- – Pray for out protection and guidance.
I am asking you to pray with us and gather prayer warriors for this project.
We are in it way above our heads, so we need so much prayer.
I’m asking you boldly because God has already done above and beyond our expectations.