Several people wrote me asking me: “How did it go?”
The amazing thing is that I have not been back in the office since the day of the concert. I think we set a new record of busyness!
Thursday night we got back around midnight from the concert.
Friday and Saturday I went to translate for a pastor’s enrichment conference in Assisi and was gone until supper time.
Sunday I was in charge of baptizing three people.
Yesterday I tried to stay away from technology and spend time with my family, who was starting to forget what I looked like!
We feel like the concert was a great success.
Certainly there are things we could have hoped to go better, but overall we feel very confident that it was a good investment of time and money.
Here are a few things to celebrate:
- The musicians did an outstanding job.
- My presentation during halftime went well. I presented the reason for the concert and invited the audience to come to our next meeting on October 28th.
- The church planting team from CEB did an amazing job. Teamwork was incredible. We even had some members who were able to share Christ with some of the people present!
- We had a good attendance of about 150 people. Several people asked for Bible calendars and pick up materials, and at least half of those present were unbelievers, many in contact with us for the first time!
- Were starting to recover from the challenges. Daniel is out of the hospital from his appendectomy, and a few of us (including Melodee and I) are getting over our influenza without missing a beat. I’m also starting to get over the fact that I backed into Donatella’s car on our way to the concert Thursday night!
You may be asking: How can you pray now?
- Pray for Sunday. We have our next meeting on the theme of the reformation in a beautiful setting that can guest as many as 50 people.
- Pray for preparations for the Bible study.
- Pray for me as I finish filling out royalty paperwork for the concert.
- Pray for the team as the recuperate and get ready for this next event!
- Pray for a good crowd and that everything will go smoothly!