Five ways everything is about to change.
As I write this note to you from the comfort of my in-laws’ dining room, I’m conscious about the fact that everything is about to get a little crazy.
I’ll admit, this summer has not been the epitome of relaxation:
- We spoke almost 20 times and tried to meet with as many friends and family as possible.
- We have slept in about 20 different beds.
- We racked up over 5,000 miles of driving on our borrowed car. (Thanks Mom Z!)
- We have had physicals and dental work (for a total of nine fillings!).
- We have been in three week-long conferences.
All the while trying to keep up with people in Italy and Noah’s summer homework.
One man innocently asked us: “Why are you here? Do you need money?” The simple answer is that more than anything we need prayer.
If we have prayer God will provide the money too.
But if we don’t have prayer, all the money in the world will not suffice to meet our needs!
We need prayer because we are about to embark in some of greatest adventures yet:
- Sunday evening we will be speaking at Starkey Road Baptist Church, in Seminole, Florida. This will be our greatest chance this summer to share our vision with people who are not already familiar with our ministry. Please pray that we can make significant new connections and partnerships!
- Tuesday morning Melodee’s Dad will take us to the airport to fly back to Italy. We will be arriving Wednesday morning in Rome. (Thanks Mom and Dad W!). We are still waiting on a few important things we ordered online, such as extra suitcases. Yikes! We’re cutting it close!
- We begin strategizing to reach the unreached city of Foligno, a half an hour drive from Perugia.
- We continue to invest in people and train leaders for ministry at the Centro Evangelico Battista.
- We continue to reach people through personal evangelism; connecting with people at our kids’ schools, through music (my quintet already wants to plan the next rehearsal).
Pray that we can make the best use of our time and organizes our life around the most important things.
Pray that we can make the most of every one of these opportunities!
It’s so easy to fall back into the routine and neglect the most important things that God is calling us to do.
Will you commit to pray for us every day this week and, why not, this whole next month?
There are great opportunities ahead, but we can’t do it without you!